The Liberty Farmers Market (LFM) is designed to serve as an organized and convenient market and customer source for local farmers and growers. The LFM will promote local farmers or growers as significant contributors to the local economy, as well as, provide a wide variety of high quality, fresh produce at a fair price and in a convenient location.
Dates: April 1st – October 31st
Time: Dawn to Dusk
Location: 423 W. Swannanoa Ave. (Beside ABC Store)
Registration: Vendors must register on our website.
Spaces: Spaces - first come, first served daily
*****Once registered, you are good to set up at the farmers market*****
- Vendors must be 21 years of age and sign an agreement.
- Vendors hold harmless and indemnifies the Town of Liberty from liability arising at the Farmers' Market.
- Vendors are required to abide by all city, state and federal laws, licensing and registrations applicable to selling goods and products.
- Each vendor is permitted to occupy a single space (10x12) and contain all product, signage and tables in their space.
- Vendors may not sell products in open spaces other than under the shelter.
- Vendors may back up to their space and sell product from their vehicle.
- Vendors should operate their business in a professional manner at all times.
- Vendors will keep their area tidy and remove any trash when they leave.
- All produce/products available for sale in the market are restricted to those products grown or produced in North Carolina.
- Farmers' Market rules are enforced by the Town of Liberty.
Products that CAN be sold at the Farmers' Market:
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts or berries grown on the sellers farm or purchased from a market grower
- Plants grown by the seller
- Cut or dried flowers grown by the seller
- Eggs produced from the seller’s hens
- Meats from animals raised by the seller
- Products from animals raised by the seller
- Honey produced from the seller’s bees
- Firewood cut by the seller
- Preserves, pickles, jams and jellies made by the seller
- Packaged goods made by the seller - Seller cannot resell
- Baked goods baked by the seller – Must comply with State Permitting
- Crafts (defined as locally produced juried soaps, crafts and fine art products)
Items that CANNOT be sold at the Market (includes, but is not limited to)
- Unpasteurized juices
- Fish, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, etc… No food or truck vendors
- Dairy-based fresh foods not made from animals raised on seller’s premises
- “Low acid” canned foods such as green beans, corn, peas, carrots, etc…
- No internal use medicines (i.e. tinctures)
- Pet Food
- Water plants – Due to bacteria control
- No Yard Sale or Flee Market types of items
- ***No Animals may be sold or given away at the Market***
Special Events at the Market
Special events are defined as events hosted or authorized by the Town of Liberty outside of normal LFM hours of operation (daily from dawn to dusk from April 1 - October 31).
- Food trucks are welcomed and encouraged to attend
- Must comply with Randolph County Health Department rules
- Must request permission from the Liberty Redevelopment Committee
- Must locate in designated areas
- Must be self-contained, no power, water or waste disposal available
- Special Event requests must be made to the Liberty Redevelopment Committee and submitted at Town Hall at least 30 days prior to the proposed event.